The National Endowment for the Arts, in partnership with Mid-America Arts Alliance, is pleased to announce that applications are now available for the Creative Forces Community Engagement grant program. Grants support community-based arts engagement programming for military and veteran populations—including family members and caregivers. Through the experience of art or art-making, participants can express themselves creatively while building resilience, social connectedness, and gain support for successful adaptation to civilian life. Applications for this round of funding are now open on maaa.org/CreativeForces. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
Creative Forces: NEA Military Healing Arts Network is an initiative of the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) in partnership with the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs which seeks to improve the health, well-being, and quality of life for military and veteran populations exposed to trauma, as well as their families and caregivers.
The Creative Forces Community Engagement projects address the distinct experiences, challenges, and strengths of a broad military-connected population, including active-duty service members, guardsmen, reservists, veterans, military and veteran families, as well as caregivers and healthcare workers providing care for military service members and veterans.
Projects will require at least one partner. They must be led by or include at least one organization with a history of creative or artistic programming. Partnerships among arts organizations and veteran and military service organizations are highly encouraged. Funding will support projects beginning on or after July 1, 2024, in one of two categories:
- Support for eligible organizations to develop and implement new or emerging non-clinical arts engagement programs or for small organizations to provide non-clinical arts engagement for military-connected populations
- Matching grant amount: up to $10,000 for one-year projects
- Support for eligible organizations with established military-related non-clinical arts engagement programming
- Matching grant amounts: $10,000 - $25,000 for one-year projects or up to $50,000 for two-year projects
Resources for potential applicants include:
- Sign up for office hours
- Five Helpful Hints for Applicants (video)
- Insights webinar series from the Creative Forces National Resource Center
- Community Engagement Logic Models
- Insights on How to Serve Military and Veteran Populations
Additional resources and information can be found here.