Washington DC—As part of its Creative Forces®: NEA Military Healing Arts Network, the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is pleased to announce that applications are now available for the Creative Forces Community Engagement Grant program. A partnership with Mid-America Arts Alliance, these grants support projects that address the distinct experiences, challenges, and strengths of a broad military-connected population, including active duty service members, guardsmen, reservists, and veterans, as well as their families and caregivers. Applications are now open on https://www.maaa.org/creativeforces. The deadline to apply is Thursday, January 19, 2023.
Creative Forces is an initiative of the NEA in partnership with the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs which seeks to improve the health, well-being, and quality of life for military and veteran populations exposed to trauma, as well as their families and caregivers. This grant program aims to make a difference in military-connected communities by supporting arts engagement programming designed to cultivate creative expression, increase social connectedness, strengthen resilience, and to support independence and successful adaptation to civilian life.
Projects will require at least one partner; and be led by or include at least one organization with a history of creative or artistic programming. Partnerships among arts organizations and veteran and military service organizations are highly encouraged. Funding will support projects beginning on or after July 1, 2023 in one of two categories:
The emerging grant tier:
- Provides support for eligible organizations to develop and implement new or emerging nonclinical arts engagement programs for military-connected populations
- Matching grant amount: up to $10,000 for one-year projects
The advanced grant tier:
- Provides support for eligible organizations with established military-related non-clinical arts programming
- Matching grant amounts: $10,000 - $25,000 for one-year projects or up to $50,000 for two-year projects
Resources for potential applicants:
- Sign up for office hours
- Insights webinar series from the Creative Forces National Resource Center
- Community Engagement Logic Models
- Insights on How to Serve Military and Veteran Populations
- Blog: Creative Forces Community Engagement Grant Projects Aim to Make a Difference
Read the full press release here.
In related news:
Read the May 2022 inaugural Community Engagement Grants announcement here.